Stihl 031AV Wiring ?'s

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

08brute

Sep 30, 2009
South Dakota
I am rebuilding an OLD Stihl 031AV that belonged to my late grandpa. This saw is a mess! None of the wires from the magneto were connected to anything and I have been unable to find any diagram that shows what they should be connected to.

Heres what I got...

White wire i believe should connect to the ON/OFF switch.

Purple wire??? Black Wire???

Anyone have any ideas? Also, anyone know where i can get a replacement magneto for the 031?

08brute said:
I am rebuilding an OLD Stihl 031AV that belonged to my late grandpa. This saw is a mess! None of the wires from the magneto were connected to anything and I have been unable to find any diagram that shows what they should be connected to.

Heres what I got...

White wire i believe should connect to the ON/OFF switch.

Purple wire??? Black Wire???

Anyone have any ideas? Also, anyone know where i can get a replacement magneto for the 031?

ebay

Black wire is ground, white and purple are your ignition wires. The Ignition coil (PN 1113 400 1300) is no longer available from dealers, but I have use Ron's Saw Shop (1-800-433-6304) in the past trying to find parts for customers saws. He buys obsolete stock from distributors and makes a pretty healthy margin on it, but other than Ebay, he's your best shot.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.