Stihl 034 AV...Good/Bad/ or Ugly...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chvymn99

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2010
Kansas
Well, it looks like I am getting a Stihl 034 AV added to my collection, and its only going to cost me some manual labor. I've got to cut the Farmer about 10 hedge post, but other than thats its free. Dad just picked it up, and cleaned it all up, which was just a little dirty, but other that in great shape. Is there any thing that I need to inspect, check out before starting it up? It looks from my searches comparable to the 362 of todays market. One question though is the manual, Dad says it calls for 40:1 while my searches call for 50:1. Did Stihl change the numbers at one time? Which number is the number to go with? As soon as I get pictures I'll post. I'm so excited how this kinda of fell into my lap.

Good oil 50-1....40-1 was what it took with the old 2-cycle oil. (when the manuel was written)

J is absolutely right I had an old 032 manual calls for 40-1 talked to my dealer and he said the samething todays oils are much better then those of the late 70's early 80's. 50-1 stihl oil will work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.