Stihl 2:1 PFERD CS-X HELP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

brownclown

Sep 8, 2023
10512, NY
I am trying to find the right size but really new so terminology of pitch , guage , etc. Is throwing me for loop. For my new bar it uses 3/8 pitch .50 guage and says use 7/32 file. So, I ordered the PFERD off the cart on their page
Screenshot_20231020_155802_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Becasue it matches the 3/8 - 7/32 file on my chain packet. The item I received is 7/32 file but .404 pitch. Will work with my saw ? Or do I need to return and get 3/8 - 13/64 , which I'm guessing would be right one pitch wise but have to buy am additional file in 7/32.

Another question I have is I bought an additional chain that is semi chisel as I read that best for dirty wood. If I read correctly I will be able to use this tool for both semi chisel and full chisel chain, correct?

Thank you. Good for semi chisel too? What about for old bar which is 3/8 but .063 guage. I'm guessing that is no issues as it just wider track in bar.