Stihl Chainsaw MS 660 028 038 (Bethel, CT 06801)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2010
Southington CT
http://www.searchtempest.com/result...eb=1&keytype=adv&minAsk;=&maxAsk;=&subcat=sss

Stihl MS 660 20" Bar. Just rebuilt. New Piston, Rings, gaskets, seals, air filter and paint. 10 Tanks of Gas on Rebuild. $550 with Bar, $525 for Power Head. This saw is a monster and will pull a massive bar. $1100 new.

Stihl 038 AV. 18" bar. $250

Stihl 028 AV woodboss. 16" Bar. Clean Saw with Original Book and Receipt. $200.

All Saws are Pro Grade not Homeowner stuff.

All saws sold as is and buyer assumes full liability for safe operations of using a chainsaw.

I'm located in Bethel, CT. 06801 I have some wood if you want to try them out

Never knew 028 and 038 are pro saw's?

holland_patrick said:
Ya i guess in his head they are.. I was interested in the 660 but don't have the funds

Thats a great price on a rebuilt!

smokinjay said:
I'm no expert on the Stihl line back in the day, but I think I've heard the argument that there was no differentiation between the homeowner and pro line when they were making the 028s, therefore, you can pretty much call them all pro saws if they are an 0XX...

Not my story, just a rumor I've heard.

Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:
I'm no expert on the Stihl line back in the day, but I think I've heard the argument that there was no differentiation between the homeowner and pro line when they were making the 028s, therefore, you can pretty much call them all pro saws if they are an 0XX...

SHHHH!! They where market as land owner saws not pro saws. If the prices go up we know who to blame!

smokinjay said:
Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:

SHHHH!! They where market as land owner saws not pro saws. If the prices go up we know who to blame!
I'm with you Jay, Yeah, I guess what I really heard was that anything that has an 0 in the front of it means that it was their cheaper land-owner saws and the real way to determine how much they are worth is to multiply the number x10 (like 028x10=280) and then divide that number by 4 (280 / 4 = 70 bucks). Another example would be tan 088 (88x10=880 / 4 = $220). Wow, that formula sure is right on, isn't it Jay? I'd offer the guy $95 for the 038, less if it's not in premium condition.

Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:
Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:

I'm with you Jay, Yeah, I guess what I really heard was that anything that has an 0 in the front of it means that it was their cheaper land-owner saws and the real way to determine how much they are worth is to multiply the number x10 (like 028x10=280) and then divide that number by 4 (280 / 4 = 70 bucks). Another example would be tan 088 (88x10=880 / 4 = $220). Wow, that formula sure is right on, isn't it Jay? I'd offer the guy $95 for the 038, less if it's not in premium condition.
+1

Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:
Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:

026,036,044,046,066,088?

JeffT said:
Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:
Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:

026,036,044,046,066,088?

lots more o's out there....lol Thake the o's off the front and put them on the back and your dead on.......

smokinjay said:
If they have German bearings & Nikasil cylinders they are "Pro" enough for me, Randy

i just saw that ad the other day. wish i had the extra beans for the 660. cant justify buying it yet. but it will come. had to get my dump trailer first..

Status
Not open for further replies.