1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

stihl electric?

Post in 'The Gear' started by houblon, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. houblon

houblon New Member

My cheap electric chainsaw went up in smoke and I thought this time I buy something better, but I want to keep it electric. The local store has a stihl electric - for $300. That's the smallest 12in I think.
    Does anyone have experience with this saw? Is it really worth the money?

I don't have a lot to cut, just the occasional branches and pieces that are too large for the stove, around the house.

B

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. NWfuel

NWfuel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mukilteo,Washington
    Hello Barney,
    I have used the commercial Stihl 220 volt in my firewood operation with no problems. We cut thousands of cords with the two that we had. They have alot of torque and do not jam like a gas saw. They just kick out like a bull. I am sure their smaller unit will treat you well. Enjoy!
    Thomas
  3. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

The best electric chain saw I have used is a Makita. I would check Ebay. The last Time I burned out the cheapy electrics (About every 3 years) I was going to buy a Makita But cheaped out again. next time it will be a Makita
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.