Stihl - inspecting AV system

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
Can someone give me a quick run-down on how to inspect the AV system on a Stihl 064 AV? Seems to me, this saw has a LOT more movement between the two halves of the power head than my Husqvarna or Echo AV saws, to the point where I think there must be a bad bushing or something.

Thanks!

It's amazing how much new AV buffers will tighten up an old saw. I'd get a set of buffers and go to it. Quick and easy job.

I usually do buffers on any saw that I "feel" has too much give.

Reactions: Ashful and ScotO
Okay... will track down the parts tonight. I've never dug into one of these new-fangled AV saws. Should be fun.

Reactions: ScotO
Go to eBay, I'm not 100% sure but I think 065 and 066 buffers should work on the 064. Either way, you should be able to find what you need on eBay.

Reactions: Ashful
Hmmm... They seem to be sold 1/ea. how many do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.