Stihl MS250 Handle Bar Issue?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SKIN052

Minister of Fire
Nov 12, 2008
Appleton, Newfoundland
The mount on the left side of the saw pops out. It is hard to explain and I will try and get pics up but was wondering if anyone knows anything about this? It sits in a rubber mount with a torques screw holing it in but the whole mount slips out of the hole?

Needs a new mount, nothing serious. A C

Reactions: ScotO
the rubber buffer has come loose of the metal mounting base. It'll need replaced, not a bad job at all.

Thanks guys. It seems the whole thing just slides out of the housing. So what exactly do i need to buy? The rubber portion?

I'm having the same trouble with my MS250. Is this a common problem?

It could very well be, that part looks kinda cheesy with that being a plastic mounting cup. Not sure.

The plug was not the issue the plastic cap was gone. The cap fit inside the plastic mount and spreads the rubber open keeping it in place. When I was tapping it in, I cracked it a bit but it still worked. Unfortunately I noticed the handlebar was cracked on the bottom. I think I can splice in a piece of aluminum or something to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.