Stihl not running right with new bar and chain

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The round files that come in those things is incredible.

Get the Pferd branded one, it's half the price.

You guys have to show me where the Pferd is available for half price. I paid 36 for my last Stihl 2 in 1 from my local dealer, need another one and will buy it in blue if it's half the price, that's for sure.

I find that the 2in1 helps to keep the rakes @ the right gap/gauge . This give me a nice cutting chain. I use to get chains back from a shop and I do believe they never touched the rakes. Touched the rakes up and Bingo nice cut. The 2in1 gives me that result faster , even when giving a quick touchup in the field.
Just my findings. :p
We only have softwood up here so the rakers need more taken off then a 2 in 1 does.
that's my findings.;)
Once you get the hang of sharpening you can adjust each chain for what you are cutting and the saw it is on,just with a few swipes of a file.It can be done while cutting when you fill your gas.

After watching videos and reading these posts, it looks like the 2-1 is the best mix of the control and touch of hand filing and the consistency of a machine. Gonna have to buy one I guess. Odd thing is at my Do it Best, it is $35. On amazon it’s $60 plus. Not sure why but I’ll go local when I can.

Reactions: Sean McGillicuddy