1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Stihl Prices

Post in 'The Gear' started by CSAW, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midwestcoast

midwestcoast Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Indiana
    Perfect motorcycle saw! Keep it full of mix & oil & you can fill the other side-bag & a backpack with wood!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. KarlP

KarlP Feeling the Heat

Stihl's price fixing and inability to have mail order parts delivered to my door was a big reason why I chose Husqvarna equipment instead.

Now the prosumer and professional Husqvarna saws are essentially price fixed too. Husqvarna decided not to allow the knowledgeable Internet stores places I bought my saws and trimmers (Southwest Fastener, Bailey's, and Alamia) to sell them to me anymore. As a result, the prices of the Husqvarna equipment I'd want to buy went up 20%. Since my local dealer's suck - Dealer #1 - Never heard of that model (372xp). Dealer #2 - We'd have to special order those for you (bar nuts for a small mount Husky.) ... I won't be paying the premium.
  3. CSAW

CSAW New Member

Loc:
    Fl
    I only need 23 more, then the conversion starts.
    [​IMG]
  4. Kenster

Kenster Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Texas- West of Houston
    I like that bright orange. I'm color blind. No way I'll ever lose my orange Stihl in the woods. Now if I'd only remember to paint my wedges and other small gear....
  5. Beowulf

Beowulf New Member

Loc:
    SoCal Southern Sierras
    Thought I was the only one riding around with a saw in a saddle bag...

Had the 020 in it a while back; had a timberjack lashed down on the rack last week.

Attached Files:

6. thinkxingu

thinkxingu Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH
    Ken, brings up an interesting point: are the color schemes chosen (were they) for reasons other than aesthetics. Hmmm.

S
  7. ISeeDeadBTUs

ISeeDeadBTUs Guest

Kawasaki ZZR1200 . . . hard bags usually full of laptops
  8. SteveKG

SteveKG Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Colorado Rockies
    I shopped around for a 441 and went to five dealers. Three of them were exactly the same price, the highest. One was $50 less, and one was $75 less. Don't know what Stihl's official policy is, but I did find differences, all in the same city. Meaning that with the same bar and chain, the high was $800 and the low $730.
  9. CSAW

CSAW New Member

Loc:
    Fl
    Nice!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.