STILL GOING!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighting Up

Feeling the Heat
Jan 30, 2010
Roc City NY
this is nuts... fired the Avalon up each night for the past 6 nights and I'm running out of good dry wood...but I'm toasty. Don't wanted cut the grass...to cold, rather shovel the driveway...Oh! did that last week too...
md

Looks like we are going to be burning for at least a few more days too. Might burn more wood in May than we did in April.

Me too! I'd stacked up recently split wood over the dry stuff and found myself having to excavate dry wood out of the side of the 10'X12' stack.

With the Spring flowers gone and dark gray skys it looks more like late October!

I have some repairs I'd like to start but I want a week that's free of frost before I order parts!

Hold on gang. Better times are a coming. We are finally back to 60 degrees. Overnight was around 50 so we finally slept without the stove going last night. Looks like we can leave the stove cold for a while too....finally.

I've been confused this year. I though spring was finally here and all along it was just a delayed January thaw.

Wow! What is that round thing up in the sky...it looks like this :cheese:

I miss this site. I've been working a lot and have little cyber time. Going strong all week here too! I had no fire overnight Sunday into Monday and woke up to 61 °F . :ahhh: So I said enough is enough! I'm out of seasoned wood but hand split some semi dry logs from the covered pile I cut back in January. Needless to say all other mornings were warm :) !

Feels good to back around here!

Status
Not open for further replies.