still having troubles with p68 not shutting down by itself

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yankeeslover

Nov 20, 2009
upstate ny
I must have spoken too soon, because she is still not shutting down by herself..Its almost as if Its in manual setting, Yet I have room temp and auto chosen...I cleaned off the esp probe, and took out the temp probe and plugged it back in..Im not sure if it would be the temp probe, as the blower does shut off when it hits temp, and the stove does slow down alittle once up to temp, it just wont turn off by itself anymore, I have to manualy do this.. this all started yesterday.. Its not that big of deal, as winter my stove never turns off anyways...What should I look at replacing first? there are no flashing lights on the status board. I did yesterday switch back and forth between manual and auto, im not sure if that hurt anything or not..thanks

Is it pumping enough heat out to keep raising the room temp? (When it is supposed to be shutting down)
Why I ask is because we had a similar issue with ours. But we were seeing the room temp
keep rising like there was no tomorrow!

Our "room temp sensor" (Thermistor) was coiled up on the floor behind the stove when this happened. (2 times)
I ended up relocating the sensor to the opposite corner. Has been fine since.

I do not think that relocating the sensor fixed it, but I think the fact that I soldered the extension wire and all the
crimp connections did the trick.

If you are happy with the location of your "sensor", I would solder every connection including the crimped on connectors that plug in the back. You might also check the integrity of the connections at the sensor. (Under the heat shrink)
I have seen bad connections with crimped connectors at work. The stove depends on a valid resistance reading from the "sensor".
If there is a bad connection, it could cause some wierd control problems.

Hope this helps!!

cleanliness of stove and vent also has alot to do with it... the feeder will only stop its small shut down rotations when temp is below 240 in shut down... ash in the stove or restricting the vent will hold this hot air in the stove longer, resulting in very long (or indefinate) shut downs.....

Status
Not open for further replies.