Stopping by the Biomass Show in Portland yesterday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
Lots of new boiler manufacturer's showing off their wares. Some real slick designs. One firm had a small bulkfeed wood chip boiler that looked like it might be viable for a larger heating load. All the big names were there and lot of new names. MeSys was definitely very prominent. The majority of the designs are European but at least a few are being built in the US. I saw one slick design for wood of pellets that used a sliding grate design similar to those used on industrial trash burners. One firm out of the Midwest has a nice line of boilers designed for ag fuels like switchgrass and corn. Ag fuels are tougher to burn due to the high silica loadings in the fuel so generally an ag boiler has to be far less plugging prone.

Compared to a prior show I had attended several years ago, the event sure has grown up. The downside is the suit to bluejeans ratio has flipped, with far more suits in attendance.

Lots of new boiler manufacturer's showing off their wares. Some real slick designs. One firm had a small bulkfeed wood chip boiler that looked like it might be viable for a larger heating load. All the big names were there and lot of new names. MeSys was definitely very prominent. The majority of the designs are European but at least a few are being built in the US. I saw one slick design for wood of pellets that used a sliding grate design similar to those used on industrial trash burners. One firm out of the Midwest has a nice line of boilers designed for ag fuels like switchgrass and corn. Ag fuels are tougher to burn due to the high silica loadings in the fuel so generally an ag boiler has to be far less plugging prone.

Compared to a prior show I had attended several years ago, the event sure has grown up. The downside is the suit to bluejeans ratio has flipped, with far more suits in attendance.
I went there too

Status
Not open for further replies.