storage tank won't heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My in-floor keeps us plenty warm but when it's up to temp and the zone stop calling for heat I would assume that the excess heat would be transferred into the storage tank. I have yet to reach 130 at the highest probe, mid level is 96, low level is 84. How can I get the tank to take more heat? sweetheat

We need more info to respond. What is your plumbing plan? control circuits? amount of storage? and more.

sounds to me like you aren't getting any flow to the tank. You may have an air lock. Air will stop any flow.
leaddog

Well, if it is up to 130 on the top he is getting heat to the tank. There is a fair amount of stratification in it. Not uncommon. What is your layout of circulators and blend valves?

flue gas temps are low also. it will start out at 400 but drops back to less than 200. seems to heat the infloor good, when that zone stops demanding heat it seem to just circulate back into the boiler. Plumber has changed a bad grundfos circulator, a bad thermostat, and a grundfos circulator that was to small to a larger taco. the temp into the tank feels hot to the touch but I don't know the actual temp. On the front of the tarm the temp gets to 170+ I also see creosote dripping from the back flue of the tarm. wood is 20% or less moisture content. My plumber is very busy now. I hope he can come by today. my temps are dropping I will fire today just to bring my slab temp up. thanks :-S sweetheat

Creosote at the flue is not right. You should only have a dry dark soot anywhere other than the wood chamber. The infloor takes very little heat to be warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.