Storm Work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had several 3 inch diameter limbs fall in the yard yesterday as a big storm blew in and took temps from 90's to 70's. Whew...what a relief. I enlisted the little 192 for the task. This is my favorite and can't discount a light weight saw for times like this. Runs a long time on a small tank of gas and is light and nimble compared to most others. Chain maintenance is a snap with only a few cutters also.

Nice - I'd like to have a little top handled limber, but it's more a want than a need. If I found a great deal I'd pop, but they usually come up pretty pricey. I like the small limbs for shoulder season. Cheers!

Used 192s can usually be had for a song. They get poo poo'd because they are a "homeowner clamshell" design.

Not sure how they compare, but someone has had an 011 AVT up on CL for $50 near me, and nobody seems to be biting.

Status
Not open for further replies.