Storm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
We had some storms move through here this afternoon. Finally done but it was amazing. I've been around for many thunderstorms but never heard anything like this. It was a constant roar and it kept up for probably 20 minutes at a constant roar.

We figured a tornado must be forming but thank God nothing bad happened here. In fact, most of the storm went north and south of us (quite normal here). Sky looked awful too. Just in case though, we got things ready in case we had to go into hiding.

Reactions: Pallet Pete and zap
We had some storms move through here this afternoon. Finally done but it was amazing. I've been around for many thunderstorms but never heard anything like this. It was a constant roar and it kept up for probably 20 minutes at a constant roar.

We figured a tornado must be forming but thank God nothing bad happened here. In fact, most of the storm went north and south of us (quite normal here). Sky looked awful too. Just in case though, we got things ready in case we had to go into hiding.

Dennis it was a whopper of a storm for sure ! We had some extreamly heavy winds and down trees but it only lasted for about 20 minutes here. When I pulled in the drive the rain wall was right in front of us when we got out of the car it was pouring. I heard Owosso had it worse than us though I hope everyone made it through ok around here they didn't fare so well out west.

Pete

Pete

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
This weather is just crazy, isn't it. I'm very glad to hear you guys are OK, Dennis. I also feel very sorry for those in the southwest who were ravaged by the tornadoes....

Reactions: Backwoods Savage

We're suppose to get some storms too, not sure how strong yet but will have a better idea tonight or tomorrow.

One weather site had us in a red zone this morning for Thursday, others had us on the edge.

http://wright-weather.com/

It looks like on day two (Thursday) it might stay below us.

This is from Accuweather for Thursday.

Attachments

• 590x393_05211625_thurssev.jpg
    590x393_05211625_thurssev.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.