Stove Change Out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpma

Feeling the Heat
Jan 29, 2014
W. Mass
Currently have a US Stove 2000 installed on firebricks (removed base) with an 90 degree elbow to a Tee to my stainless liner. Great draft, great heat with air movement but has a short burn time (small fire box)

I purchased a Englander NC30 from my neighbor for short money that I want to put in it's place. However It's a much lager stove and will not fit my current configuration.

Based on the picture what would you suggest for options on the change out? I'd like to keep in localized in the living room. The fireplace is very shallow at 13 1/2"
us stove 2000.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
How tall is the fireplace opening? Maybe you can remove the tee, put a 30 or 45 degree elbow there, push the 30NC as far back as possible and connect it then to the elbow.

Thanks! I will get that measurement but I know it's on the small side. My USC 2000 model stood 30" tall and I just could not get it to work this way so had to remove the base. Anyone know the max you can take off the NC30 legs?

Can bust a new thimble thru the fireplace about 6' off the ground, run the tee snout + extension thru that. Then you can have your classic stove pipe up and out look.

That would put me above the mantle....thought about that but was wondering what my clearances would be as I don't want the stove protruding too far out into the living space grrrrrrrrrrrr

What about just below the mantle in the brick face????? This would put me just above the old damper area

with DW stove pipe you should be able to get 6" clearance to the mantle to the pipe. Id like to see at least a 2' vertical before the 90

Took some measurements the fireplace opening is 31" tall, and 51" to the mantle

Really not sure what to do....he gave me the (4) legs with the stove. Was thinking maybe I could cut the legs down to lower the stove closer to the hearth board.

Status
Not open for further replies.