Stove chow price

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coffeeman1986

Sep 19, 2010
York, PA
Was just at my local home depot and the new price is 187 have 6 ton of various pellets, two of which are stove chow good pellet in my opinion I'd like to see what jay says but should I pick up some more or will we be spoiled with these low prices for years to come.

Is StoveChow a good pellet? Seemed good to me(I bought a ton of them) But try them first if you haven't already done so!

Will prices stay this low? I use other factors to judge things. Oil seems to be climbing. This will make the pellet burners of old return if they see savings over oil-gas and propane. Our stocked piled pellet houses and retailers will see the stock dwindle. I have already seen some price increase in my area on the topshelf stuff. The bigbox's may stay here for a bit. But I don't think for much longer. If oil keeps climbing so will the others!

Would I buy more. If I had the room and and extra cash. Lets just say I would have to struggle not to get more. I am all full till spring, Hoping the prices stay this low until I can refill after burning this season. Please don't just take my word for it. I sure hope some others jump in an express there 2 cents worth. :)

mod's add a delete post option..........please...

Jay, are these softwood or hardwood?, appeared to be hardwood looking when i tried a few bag's month ago, I need some more as i only got like 8 bag's okies and maybe 1.5 ton of natures heat/instantheats and buried on the bottom "A" bag of 3yr old dry creek.
Keep warm my friends
What was your temp readings during testing?, hopefully above 240 Degree's

I believe there Hardwood, But they don't state that on the bag. There could also be some Softwood in the mix. I just don't actually know for sure!

I figured the Stove Chow was a soft wood because the pellets light very easily, and there are all pine trees pictured on the bag. I could not figure it out by reading the bag. But the color is dark indicating a hardwood pellet. Soft or hardwood, I like them.

I'm calling my local HD to check price, they were $196 last i checked........price very attractive....!!!!

yup, called local HD and price is $187 for Stove Chow.......

Status
Not open for further replies.