STOVE CORD

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrowningBAR

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jul 22, 2008
San Tan Valley, AZ
This is a new term to me.

Here's the CraigsList post:
http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/for/1916218545.html

I also enjoyed this part:
"A 'full' cord measures 4 ft. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. and is the official, standard firewood measure. But four foot pieces are never used for home heating, and dealers rarely sell four foot pieces. So firewood is not offered for sale in the form of its official unit measurement. This is why buying firewood can be confusing."

Now there is a real dandy.

Quote: "Forest Firewood sells what they call a 'face cord' for $100. You find that the pile is 4 feet high and 8 feet long, with an average piece length of 16 inches. Divide this length (16 in.) into the full cord length of 48 in. and multiply by the price.

48 ÷ 16 = 3 x $100 = $300.

Therefore, Forest Firewood sells firewood for $300 per cord. If possible, avoid buying firewood in units that cannot be related to the standard full cord. Station wagon loads or other units are difficult to compare and can conceal a high price per cord measure."

So, who are they trying to confuse? It sounds to me like they are the ones that are confused... Crazy.

Someone needs to take a good sized split and just slap him with it

It's also more than $300/cord. :lol:

Depending on how many 8" pieces they have in there the price may be around $400.

Matt

I wasnt confused til I read that mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.