Stove I.D. Uncle is Looking to Upgrade. Jotul? Maybe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DexterDay

Hi all... My Uncle is looking to upgrade to a newer EPA stove. Has an Old Smoke Dragon. I dont even know what it is.. Its Black (and rusty), Its shaped like a square and its Old...

I just found this on Craiglist. Looks to be a good deal. Jotul Maybe?? Not famaliar with a lot of Wood stoves yet.. Pellet stoves yes. With wood, I am just begining. http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/hsh/2539116965.html $650 does not seem bad? Email has been sent. Waiting on a response. Doesnt seem like they know to much about the stove themselves...???

Thanks in advance..

Cast Iron Wood Burning Stove - $650 (Canton)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-08-10, 12:21AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beautiful cream colored wood burning stove. Approx. 25.5 across x 26 tall 18.5 deep. Great condition, but the top does have wear. Asking 650 obo
Email if interested.

Attachments

• Unkown Stove.jpg
    Unkown Stove.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 238
  • uNKOWN STOVE 2.jpg
    uNKOWN STOVE 2.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 239
Looks like a VC Encore Defiant? Is it a cat version? Note the lack of hearth in front of the stove. Hmmm.

If the stove is due for a rebuild, it will be expensive. I would pass unless perfect.

Just got an Email. Your right BeGreen. But the Woman said she "Thinks" its a Secondary Stove. Her Father has Passed Away and they are selling off his items. Is this a Good Heater. I see many have them in there Signature. I guess it kinda answers my questions. But is it used as a Primary or Back-up.

Uncle has a Newer house (less than 20 years) and about 1,600 sq ft. Looking to upgrade. She said she is flexible in the email and would even take more off if I wanted to look at it before buying (of course we would).

If he could get it for $550. Would that be a good deal? Is there any things we should look at besides the obvious (firebrick, gaskets, cracks, etc). Thanks

Personally, I would move on and look for another stove. But that is me.

BeGreen said:
Personally, I would move on and look for another stove. But that is me.

I respect your opinion. Enough said. - told him to look into the Englander 13 or 30. But he wants a "Quality" used stove. You can close the thread Begreen. Moving on. - thought it was a Jotul... Thanks again

Keep your eyes open, there will be others.

Status
Not open for further replies.