Stove ID...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dustin

Minister of Fire
Sep 3, 2008
Western Oregon
Considering buying this from a family member and making it a hearth stove.

I can't quite get them to figure out where the plate on the back is...

Any ideas?
01f92246db1889d5d8208d5e9fb9265a.jpg

ec25bcbe9636e81471270e1c7dd38596.jpg

Considering buying this from a family member and making it a hearth stove.

I can't quite get them to figure out where the plate on the back is...

Any ideas?
View attachment 192553

View attachment 192554

I'm not an expert but it sure looks like a Quadrafire Yosemite (which I have).

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I will chime in shortly.

Best wishes!

Bob

I agree. Quadra-fire for sure.. how much? I'd say $1200?

I'm not an expert but it sure looks like a Quadrafire Yosemite (which I have).

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I will chime in shortly.

Best wishes!

Bob

I think we have a winner!

Is this convertible from top vent to rear vent? I browsed the manual quickly and didn't see

I think we have a winner!

Is this convertible from top vent to rear vent? I browsed the manual quickly and didn't see

Hi Dustin!

Yes, I have mine set up as rear vent. It works well for me, but the firebox is not big enough for overnight burns (I believe it's 1.7 cu ft or close to that). I normally get 4-5 hrs of good heat before I have to reload (mainly oak). It is a convection stove so when in the coaling stage it still produces good heat.

I live in middle Georgia so this works out ok for us.

Bob

Hey bob,

Thanks for the info! My plan was to buy a much bigger stove, but this one came available. They have only burned it once and it's sat idle. It also comes with a chimney liner (which I need).

Does it come up to temp pretty quick? It's going in my daylight basement, mainly for use when I'm down there. Then someday, maybe I'll transfer it upstairs to my kitchen and second living area.

So my ultimate question, is 400 bucks for this thing worth it? That's what they're selling it for. Feels like a good deal to me..

Grab it!

Hey bob,

Thanks for the info! My plan was to buy a much bigger stove, but this one came available. They have only burned it once and it's sat idle. It also comes with a chimney liner (which I need).

Does it come up to temp pretty quick? It's going in my daylight basement, mainly for use when I'm down there. Then someday, maybe I'll transfer it upstairs to my kitchen and second living area.

So my ultimate question, is 400 bucks for this thing worth it? That's what they're selling it for. Feels like a good deal to me..

Hi Dustin!

Like Baseroom said "GRAB IT"!!!

Without question it comes up to temp (with dry wood!) very quickly. I have 23' of liner and I have to shut the air off within 15 min. of a cold start. It warms our house up nicely!

For $400 I'd almost buy it and have it shipped here!

Bob