Stove installed!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
How does this meet alcove installation clearance requirements? Minimum height is 7 feet, you have maybe 2.5 feet? Side clearance of 16 inches and you have maybe 6 inches?

View attachment 228557
It's not an alcove install, it's installed in an existing fireplace. Two different installations.

I definitely need to do something about the mantel however. The heat shields I see on the market only extend 10” and the mantel is 12”. I will likely fabricate my own shield before the winter.

Was also thinking about replacing with a poured concrete faux stone mantel.

The mantel looks like a simple flat shelf. A shield could be attached to the underside of the mantel on 1" spacers. It could be painted white to blend in.