Stove is dead, won't start, no lights, no power to it.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djcg

Feb 27, 2011
North Eastern, CT
I have posted before about this issue with my Breckwell P2000i. In the past if I left the stove sit for several hours, it would eventually turn on. But this time I haven't been so lucky, it won't turn on at all.

I have replaced the fuse on my control board, but when I push the power button I get no lights and no power to anything, just completely dead. I've checked all the wires to everything, they appear to be good and tight. I've replaced the power cord and tried different wall sockets that I know work, but no luck. When I plug in the power cord, I can see the convection blower fan move a little, so I assume that is getting some power to it.

Before I spend the costly amount on a new control panel, just wondering if anyone has any further ideas as to what might be the problem here. I've had this issue 3 times now, and usually just waiting a few hours and pushing the start button, the stove just magically startups up again. It's been about 10 hours now, and can't get anything to go.

sorry to hear this. definitely sounds like a bad control board. even if you get it to work, you should not trust it. replace it. have a professional look at it. call the company for help if possible. good luck.

Hello

Do you have the stove on a surge protector?

Status
Not open for further replies.