stove ?? need help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thomo

May 28, 2009
austalia
Hi members,

I am from Australia and doing up a wood fire stove for my sister. The information that I have on the back of one of the plates is 1925 UMI and on the oven door, there is a large cast iron letter 'R'. It has a cast iron cook top with 5 burners, enamel front panel and enamel panel on the shelf which is above the cooktop.It also has a copper water jacket on the side. I have searched everywhere and cannot find the make or any information on the stove. I am currently not able to place a photo on this website (computer troubles). Any information would be of great help
thank you
Tony

Just a wild guess, I am wondering if the big R stands for Reginald. The problem is smaller stove companies bought by bigger companies (I think Waterford) bought by bigger companies (Stanley) make it a bit hard to know. Some of these English and Irish stoves are a bit rare here. If a picture can be posted, that would help. In the meantime, here is an example of the Waterford/Stanley in case there is a remote family resemblance:

http://www.comfort1.com/stanley.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.