1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. Nicklaus05

Nicklaus05 New Member

Loc:
    Chinook, Montana
    Hello everyone. I am new to the site and very excited to be. It seems that there is a wealth of information on here which will very well serve me as a new burner.

I do need my stove identified. I took this thing in on a horse trade and have looked everywhere for any markings, stickers, etchings, and have not come up with anything.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Greetings Nicklaus. No idea. It sure is a stout sucker. That top must be at least 1/2" thick. Did you check the back of the stove for a UL label?
  3. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    Interesting old beast. I've no idea just what it is. Looks like provisions for convection around the firebox through an outer shell (intake grills on the sides, outlets up on the step-top). What the heck are those light-colored panels on the sides? And that handle sticking out from the bottom back on the left side? It would be interesting to see some pics of the internal construction/configuration...or at least read a detailed description of what's to be seen in there in terms of combustion airflow through the stove. Rick
  4. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Looks jacketed for sure. I think most everything else is frou frou. Just bling to make it more "attractive" in the home.

Does the stove have an internal baffle?
  5. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    What are those marks or engravings above the front doors...on the steel?
  6. Nicklaus05

Nicklaus05 New Member

Loc:
    Chinook, Montana
    No UL listing on the back. The "Things" on the side are tiles, to make it more attractive like BeGreen said.

The stove does not have an internal baffle. The little handle sticking out on the bottom left side is for a fresh air intake (approx. 3" intake).
    I would say that the metal is between 1/4" and 3/8" thick everywhere on this. Fire box is big, can get at least a 20-24 inch log in depending on if I go in diagonal. I am really looking to see what the manufacturer specs are for installation, for insurance purposes.
    I will try to get pictures of the inside and backside when I get home tonight.