Stove on CL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Thats a wood eater for sure. It is a non-epa stove that should be used for an ornament. If you are looking for home heating, you will do yourself a favor by looking at the newer epa cert stoves for many reasons. To name a few: less wood consumption, less smoke, less pipe maintenance, pretty view of the fire, et al.

Not looking for a stove, I burn a Lopi Answer. Since I started burning seems all I do is look for dead trees, good wood scores and stoves for sale or anything else related to wood burning.

I'd say it's worth the asking price but only for heating a cabin out building etc. They were anything but high end units, even by 1970's standards. (I always thought some of those old Jotul knockoffs looked kind of cool though)

Status
Not open for further replies.