Stove on Thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadTripper

I finally had everything I needed to hook my stove up to a thermostat yesterday so I went ahead and took the plunge. Here is a shot of the old beast.

http://www.madtripper.com/gallery/d/4523-2/aug06+030.jpg[img]

I basically ran 24VDC up to a new thermostat and installed a normally open thermal switch that closes at 90 degrees, resets at 70 degrees, in series. These two items control a 15A relay which is then wired to an outlet where I plug my 110VAC blower into. When the thermostat calls for heat and the air in the plenum is above 90 degrees, hot air is pushed into our living space. I have some cleanup work to perform and a cold air return to install as well but for the time being, it works great. I purchased most of the parts from Grainger for about $50.00. I can take pictures or draw up a diagram if anyone needs it.

Tripper

Status
Not open for further replies.