Stove paint - bright colors

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Reactions: md1201
I have used Stove Bright Metallic Black and Satin Black on my stove. It's a quality product, the spray lays down very well and uniformly. The catch is that the lush sheen you get on a fresh application vanishes quickly when you fire up the stove, dulls down to a drab gun metal look. I believe you'll find this with any brand. I did however find that, even after the sheen burned off, a bit of the sparkle in the Metallic Black holds up decently compared to the Satin Black.

Often it is only the stove top that loses the satin sheen, The hotter the stove paint gets, the more it will dull. Thurmalox sells a clear coat for a deeper sheen if one uses Thurmalox paints. It's rated to 1000º but that too will lose some luster over 500º. It takes a porcelain enamel finish to stand up to higher temps.

Reactions: RockCastile
I wonder how the automotive high heat paints would work. Header paint is 1200 rated as I recall. Maybe some more options anyway.

That’s what I was thinking. I think you can get fluorescent green!

• Haha
Reactions: md1201