Stove Pipe Configuration

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daleeper

Minister of Fire
Dec 18, 2006
NC MO
Well, I bought an older Blaze King Royal Heir, and planning its installation. I am needing the incite of you experienced installers on what lengths of stove pipe I should use. My chimney is Simpson Duraplus 8", and should be able to set it up as a straight shot up, as my current setup is. The difference is that the Royal Heir has a 6" flue collar instead of the 8". I will be using an increaser that includes a bit of slip pipe, at the the chimney support box, and here is where I need help:

One piece of 48" stove pipe will fit between the stove and the increaser (simpson duravent 1860), but to get it on and off, I am guessing I would have to move the stove out from under the stove pipe to be able to drop it off the increaser, but would be a real clean install. I could use 2 pieces of 24" pipe (or other configuration of 48"), and be able to slip the top piece up the increaser, and remove the bottom piece without having to move the stove to do so, but with the added joints to fuss with. Which do you guys (and gals) recommend? I like the idea of the one piece, except when it comes time to clean the chimney, then I would have to move the stove to get access to the area above the bypass plate. Any suggestions or options that I have missed?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.