Stove Pipe for older Resolute Acclaim I

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

meanjoeg

Sep 25, 2008
North Central MA
My wife and I recently acquired an older V.C. Resolute Acclaim, replacing a V.C. Scandia. The collar that the stove pipe sits in is 6 1/2" x 5 1/2", and I'm wondering if a 6" pipe was meant to distort into the opening, or is there a specific pipe for this (oval to round)? I would like to use 7" pipe, as the manufacturer recommends a min. 6". The opening into our masonary chimney is for an 8" pipe, so I was going to use a reducer from the 8" opening to the 7" pipe, unless this stove is meant for a 6". Any help or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Stove top.jpg
    Stove top.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 176
  • Woodstove.jpg
    Woodstove.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 194
Something else - in the picture of the stove to the left, you can see the reducer I intend to use going into the 8" hole. Is this going to enter into the thimble enough, or do I put a small section of 8" into the hole attached to the reducer?
Thanks Again

Status
Not open for further replies.