VC 1910 stove pipe issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

6girl

Jan 18, 2015
CO
We bought a VC 1910 marketplace find yesterday to replace our burned out Jotul. Because of the top load as well as the top stove pipe we aren’t able to install it - Jotul had rear pipe. It’s going in our fireplace that has 40 1/2” tall opening, about an inch or two too short for opening the top loader. My question is does anyone make a stove pipe that would go from VC oval (8”) to 6” round and be offset by 45 deg or be a 90 deg bend? Top of stove is 29” so not much room to play with. And no shaming please, we should’ve measured better, I know. Thanks in advance for advice.

We bought a VC 1910 marketplace find yesterday to replace our burned out Jotul. Because of the top load as well as the top stove pipe we aren’t able to install it - Jotul had rear pipe. It’s going in our fireplace that has 40 1/2” tall opening, about an inch or two too short for opening the top loader. My question is does anyone make a stove pipe that would go from VC oval (8”) to 6” round and be offset by 45 deg or be a 90 deg bend? Top of stove is 29” so not much room to play with. And no shaming please, we should’ve measured better, I know. Thanks in advance for advice.
Or even 8” oval to 8” round 90 deg