1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Stove Pipe install

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Ed P, May 2, 2013.

1. Ed P

Ed P New Member

Loc:
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Hi everyone, I have a Harman P68. I just got done putting all my Dura vent stove pipe together and it's really close coming off the back of the stove. I went with an appliance adapter to a clean out tee then up from there.. What do you use to get it a few inches off the back of the stove? My appliance adapter is about 4". Thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

Duravent makes a 1 foot adjustable pipe that you can get down close to 4 inches..

How do you like your P68? I just picked up a P61a.
  3. Ed P

Ed P New Member

Loc:
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Don, I just bought it about a month ago. So, i'm new to burning pellets. I've burned coal the last 7 years. I cleaned it all up and gave it a new paint job. I want to fire it up to cure the paint. I looked at more pipe and i'm thinking the 6" pipe would be what I'm looking for. The stove itself is beautiful... I hate to say it... but i'm looking forward to winter so I can burn it!
  4. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Does the distance bother you? Do you need more room for maintenance?

If not, then I would leave it alone? Unless, you want the stove to stick out on the Hearth further? Or a clearance issue?
  5. Ed P

Ed P New Member

Loc:
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Yes, it's too close to get the covers off. I have to angle the stove pipe away from the stove or it will rub on the stove itself.. I don't think it will hurt anything but I just want some more room. I should have taken a picture..
  6. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    you should be able to find a 5 or 6 inch piece to add on there.
  7. will711

will711 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pocono mts.
    Ed I have a 12" piece of pellet vent pro 3" dia brand new if you interested let me know.
    Ed P and DexterDay like this.
  8. Ed P

Ed P New Member

Loc:
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Will, thanks for the offer that's very nice of you but I'm going to go with 6". I want to keep it closer to the wall.