Stove pipe/ Support box connection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hd0521

Oct 18, 2019
NE OK
I am installing my stove with single wall stove pipe. I know the connections get three screws. But what about the stove pipe to ceiling support box connection? Does that get three screws also? Thanks for your time.

Allow me to add; I’m not trying to take a shortcut. I just wanted to be sure it needs screws before I made screw holes in the ceiling support box, which is not easily replaceable for me.

Usually there is an adapter that the stovepipe gets attached to with screws. It depends on the brand of chimney and the adapter used. Follow the directions for the brand of ceiling support box and stovepipe that you are using.

Reactions: moresnow