stove pipe through metal roof installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhd21478

Hearth Supporter
Oct 18, 2010
Missouri
I have purchased an englander free standing stove and some simpson pipe to install in my workshop. I have a 30x50 steel framed shop. There is no rafters in the shop. Im looking over these diagrams of installing the pipe through the ceiling and I see this support box. I dont know if I need that to do this job. I dont even have any wood in the ceiling to attach such a box to. If its necessary I place it there I will have to frame some type of structure for it to attach. My cealing consists of insulation and then the corrugated roof. If someone has a reccomendation of what I need to do that would be helpful.

You need to support the chimney some how. Some companies make a roof support bracket that mounts on top of the roof not sure about simpson though. But if you have the support box already just frame in some support

the ceiling support piece also keeps your insulation a safe distance from stove pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.