Stove Shops GOOD THE BAD THE UGLY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No and I don't make any money on my grammar, spelling or punctuation either!
I am sorry if i misunderstood i thought you meant that you made money off the repair work when you said you loved it. We don't have much warantee work to do but when we do it is far from profitable. And if that is a crack about my grammar yeah i know but i never said i was an English major. lol

Would there be any advantage to offering to burn in a stove in your shop with the new owner present, they don't stink up thier home, you get to know the stove is burned in properly and know that the owner is famillare with starting the stove. Would be some extra handeling for you but it may also offer a value to customers. Could also be an opportunity to demonstrate wet/dry wood?

the idea of coupons for dry wood for customers suggested above is a good one too

And if that is a crack about my grammar yeah i know but i never said i was an English major. lol
Lol no reference to you bholler just talking about Me. I use voice to text and I'm editing posts for days after I post something. We work on some pretty narrow margins, I'd be the last to say I wouldn't want to give good service after the sale but we don't do something (service/warranty calls) knowing we going to lose money on it, that's why I'm asking these questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.