Stove Top Temp Gauge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

farmboy05

Jan 31, 2014
North Central Iowa
I tried to look around quick but I didn't find anything related to my question. What stove top gauge do you recommend? The nearest store I can walk into and pick one up only has this for a magnet thermometer:

http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/sbi-magnetic-chimney-thermometer/0000000036317

But since it's for single walled stove pipe, I wasn't sure if it would be calibrated the same. I noticed woodland direct has one, but with shipping it's $33 ;sick. Is there a good one out there for a little less? or will the stove pipe thermometer work fine?

Thank you!

Matt

Tagged for the answer, I need one to for my Englander 30-NCH.

Thanks,

That will work. Just use it for the temp and don't worry about reccomended zones that are on it. At least until you find another one you like.

I have a cheapie similar to that one in the link, but supplemented with an IR gun ($28) that I really like better, since I can measure ANYWHERE on the stove or flue pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.