Stove Top Thermometer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WarmNToasty

Feb 28, 2012
Canada
Anywhere inparticular it should be placed. I just have mine in the middle a little closer to the front than the back...
Seems to be reading fine.. but wasn't sure where it should be if it matters..

Thank you

I find the hottest spot on my stove is 1/2 way between the front of the stove and the stove pipe collar.

I actually have my thermometer moved back closer to the flue collar where it reads on average about 75% cooler than the hottest spot of the stove top. Since the "redline" on my thermometer is about 75 degrees lower than what I consider redline to be, having it here makes it easy for the wife if she is looking after the stove to keep track of what is normal versus too hot.

pen

If the manual doesn't specify a location (the Oslo suggests one of the four corners) you may wish to experiment as to where the consistently hottest or coolest spot is on the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.