Stovechow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Vinelife

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 31, 2010
Way Up North Michigan
How are Stovechow pellets this year? Picked up a few bags to give them a whirl. My normal pellet which is pro pellet the last couple years has been burning strange. And i'm not sure if they changed their stuff, but different. I do keep my stove very clean. Seems like pro pellets have moisture in them.

My Pro Pellets are still great. All my bags are dated 04-20. But they’ve been great the last several years too.

Reactions: Vinelife
Stove Chow have excellent this year. Low as, good heat output. $5/bag at Home Depot in NY, really a bargain since this is the same price as Green Supreme, which are really bad. Minute Man pellets are the absolutely best pellets I have ever used. Lots of heat, very low ash. At $8/bag, it's a better bargain than Stove Chow (available at Tractor on NY).

I bought 6 tons early last year for 219 a ton, They burn very well in my Harman 52i, not alot of carbon buildup or ash compared to other house brands. I wasn't paying 300+ a ton for pellets this year because oil was so low.

been burning stow chow for the last 2 years in a row and with no problems in my st criox and my castle. low ash, burn hot. I have used green supreme in the past with good results, green team was much better , but more expensive, also no clinkers with any of them. the worst pellet I ever used was inferno's, they where terrible even found a sliver of metal that locked up my extruder. never again.