StoveDroid????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I might contact the seller on this. I've been looking for something like this for a while... If it could communicate via wifi that would be optimal.

Reactions: mjstef
I contacted the developer, and he said he's working on a wifi enabled one now. I told him he should swing by the forums for some feedback and potentially to consider working with our Admin's should he want to sell it or offer us a deal. I know some of us are not interested in this, but for me, I've been looking for something like this since I got a stove, and since I have a lot of automation in my home.

Reactions: mjstef
I've got something similar in the works as well (wifi/cloud based with a mobile app) - will let you know when it's ready for beta testing. The requisite safety certification takes time to get through...

I'd want a full time simple display too so that anyone walking by the stove knows its status.

That's included - you can see the temp from across the room, along with fully configurable alarms, locally and remote through the mobile app.

It's pretty robust as is due to my perfectionist OCD mentality, which has slowed down the development and production process.

That said, if there's any other specific features anyone's looking for, let me know. The hardware is complete and going through certification, but the software and apps can always be modified

Sounds pretty cool. Keep us posted.

I'd like to have stove top and catalyst temperature or flue and catalyst, or even better, all three.

Catalyst would be very difficult unless you wanted to drill a hole in the top or back of your stove to get a thermocouple inserted into it!

If I can come up with a way to do it otherwise I'll let you know

I already have K thermocouples in my stove downstream of the catalyst and in the pipe about 18 inches above the stove. It's a VC Defiant Encore.

Blaze Kings has the hole for the cat probe already on top of the stove. That can be a good addition.

I already have K thermocouples in my stove downstream of the catalyst and in the pipe about 18 inches above the stove. It's a VC Defiant Encore.

This is the approach I took, designing the thermocouple to go in the pipe 12-24" out of the stove (obviously the close to the stove it is the hotter it will read)

Blaze Kings has the hole for the cat probe already on top of the stove. That can be a good addition.

Just took at look at the Blaze King site - is that just a thermometer they have mounted in that hole? If so, that would possibly work depending on how it's mounted to the stove and what size their hole is versus thermocouple availability

Last edited:
Reactions: lsucet
Just took at look at the Blaze King site - is that just a thermometer they have mounted in that hole? If so, that would possibly work depending on how it's connect and what size their hole is versus thermocouple availability
Yes it is that hole. It is originally for the cat probe. It sits jus behind the cat. About the hole I don't know the exact diameter but I can find out and let you know.