Strap Wrenchs for Cleanout Tees and Other Uses

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

defield

Hearth Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
South Central Maine
Last season there was a thread about tools that were good for removing the cleanout tee cover.

Someone recommended a Craftsman brand set with two strap wrenches in the package.

I bought the set based on that recommendation.

I wish to thank whoever it was that made the recommendation because last evening, an ugly fat racoon, or a small bear, or some other varmint, did a number on the wife's bird feeders.

Her favorite, and expensive, tube feeder had some bent parts and the top was wedged HARD crooked and could not be removed.

It took the two strap wrenches and some slow and carefully applied muscle to remove that top.

My wife, who thinks that I way over indulge in tools and accessories for the pellet stove, said, "WoW!, what nice tools, I didnt know you had them, what are they normally used for . . . . OH . . . I bet you bought them for the pellet stove . . . Well . . . . GOOD!

So, whomever it was that made the recommendation, thanks for making me a "home hero" for the day.

Ranger

I don't know who made that recommendation, BUT a strap wrench sure does remove the cap on the cleanout of my stove very easily. :coolsmile:

Cozy Old Coot said:
I don't know who made that recommendation, BUT a strap wrench sure does remove the cap on the cleanout of my stove very easily. :coolsmile:

Englander's own Mike Holton mentioned that these were good to get pipes apart in an April '08 thread.

the old ranger said:
I wish to thank whoever it was that made the recommendation because last evening, an ugly fat racoon, or a small bear, or some other varmint, did a number on the wife's bird feeders.

Her favorite, and expensive, tube feeder had some bent parts and the top was wedged HARD crooked and could not be removed.

It took the two strap wrenches and some slow and carefully applied muscle to remove that top.

My wife, who thinks that I way over indulge in tools and accessories for the pellet stove, said, "WoW!, what nice tools, I didnt know you had them, what are they normally used for . . . . OH . . . I bet you bought them for the pellet stove . . . Well . . . . GOOD!

So, whomever it was that made the recommendation, thanks for making me a "home hero" for the day.

Ranger

Hey Ranger, a strap wrench would not have helped my feeders 2 months ago. The tube feeder is the only one that survived this round.....

By the way, I dont bother with ANY wooden feeder any more. I dont usually get "small" bear here. This guy or gal was a BIG bear.

Maybe it was Smokey poking around for my pellet stash in the garage only 15 feet away

Attachments

• 7 Hmmm, Only shells Left,.jpg
    7 Hmmm, Only shells Left,.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 219
gbreda said:
Maybe it was Smokey poking around for my pellet stash in the garage only 15 feet away

Probably just a cousin, Smokey has a bit more mid section and prefers pies. :) :lol: ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.