stupid linteater question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2011
CT
I noticed that it includes a 4" brush. However, we have a 3" liner. Does this mean it won't fit, or does it squish into the liner without any problems? Would I need to trim the brush?

Thanks!

It will fit... I have bought 2.

1st one I "trimmed" because I had 2 stoves with 3" vent. Never even tried it before I "trimmed" it..

Well. I installed my pellet furnace this Fall and ordered a new one. So I had the full 4" brush.

Well.... I shouod have tried it, before I "trimmed" it. Works fine in a 3" vent. Just keep it spinnin.

my venting comes out the stove with a cleanout, up about 4 feet and straight out with a 90 about two feet. I took the cap off out side and tried the lint eater from the outside but can't seem to get it past the 90. I think I need one with those little plastic balls in the middle of the brush in order for it to negotiate the elbow.

whlago said:
my venting comes out the stove with a cleanout, up about 4 feet and straight out with a 90 about two feet. I took the cap off out side and tried the lint eater from the outside but can't seem to get it past the 90. I think I need one with those little plastic balls in the middle of the brush in order for it to negotiate the elbow.

Do you have it "Spinning" fast enough? The faster you spin it, the easier it is.

My dryer vent has two 45°'s and a 90° and it negotiates the entire run.

momof2nutlings said:
I noticed that it includes a 4" brush. However, we have a 3" liner. Does this mean it won't fit, or does it squish into the liner without any problems? Would I need to trim the brush?

Thanks!
Bought a 3inch brush to use wit the linteater at Lowes for $10. Unlike the soft plastic brush that came with the lint eater, this one is course and stiff. Doesn't seem to be plastic. I haven't tried it out yet.

My linteater goes through my 90 just fine. I hook up my vac inside at the T and run from the outside through 5 foot horizontal around the 90 then down 2 feet, use a 12v cordless drill, just keep it spinning with some pressure.

whlago said:

Just tried my lint eater, I can't get it to go around my 90 elbow either. I had it spinning fast, i tried to push it, I tried from inside, I tried from the outside....It won't make it around.

chrisasst said:
whlago said:

Just tried my lint eater, I can't get it to go around my 90 elbow either. I had it spinning fast, i tried to push it, I tried from inside, I tried from the outside....It won't make it around.

What brand venting do you have? It goes through my Selkirk dt rather easily.

duravent

Status
Not open for further replies.