1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Subaru Outback....Ideas for a bike rack???

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by keyman512us, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keyman512us

keyman512us Member

Loc:
    North Worc. CTY MA
    Hey all...
    Maybe I'm getting lazy(gonna do some web searching)....but I was wondering as popular as the Subaru Outback is (girlfriends car) there must be a few owners here on nthe forum, so does anyone have any good suggestions for a bike rack for one??? Perhaps a reciever style trailer hitch and rack??? Any input from personal experience would be greatfull. Even though the car is capable of fitting our bikes in the back, don't want to risk damage to the interior for much longer.

Roof rack isn't all that attractive...would like something "user friendly" for quick trips to the local trails/weekends in VT...

Thanks,

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. restorer

restorer New Member

Loc:
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Keyman:

One word: Yakima

I think you can take a trip on their site and match to your car. If you have an REI close you can see them in person. I personally used them for twenty years, even have one of their first generation racks sitting around here somewhere.

You will not be sorry about their quality.
  3. TMonter

TMonter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hayden, ID
    Subaru makes an Yakima offshoot bike rack available from Subaru dealers that is much cheaper than the Yakima racks. You should check it out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.