Subaru Outback....Ideas for a bike rack???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

keyman512us

Feb 27, 2007
North Worc. CTY MA
Hey all...
Maybe I'm getting lazy(gonna do some web searching)....but I was wondering as popular as the Subaru Outback is (girlfriends car) there must be a few owners here on nthe forum, so does anyone have any good suggestions for a bike rack for one??? Perhaps a reciever style trailer hitch and rack??? Any input from personal experience would be greatfull. Even though the car is capable of fitting our bikes in the back, don't want to risk damage to the interior for much longer.

Roof rack isn't all that attractive...would like something "user friendly" for quick trips to the local trails/weekends in VT...

Thanks,

Keyman:

One word: Yakima

I think you can take a trip on their site and match to your car. If you have an REI close you can see them in person. I personally used them for twenty years, even have one of their first generation racks sitting around here somewhere.

You will not be sorry about their quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.