SUBSTITUTING BLOWERS ON OLD SOLID FUEL FURNACE / STOVE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

eeemiller

Oct 11, 2022
Wilmington, Ohio
I have a Vogelsang Norseman 2500 solid fuel furnace add on (Like the one I had on the farm when I was young!). The unit itself will work, been checked, new ducting, etc, but the blowers are shot, and new ones (if available, some sites advertise but nothing in stock etc) are over 300$ each.

Thus, I'm looking for safe and efficient--and hopefully affordable--substitutes. However, not being mechanically knowledgeable, I don't know how to shop for subs: what specifications to look for in blowers that will do well and not melt, reduce efficiency, or otherwise mess things up.

I understand that Vogelsang is out of business, but when I look at the info on their parts to do my "shopping," it doesn't give me anything that helps me look for safe substitutes. PS: It's okay if I have to change opening sizes, etc (I have someone who can safely do that), but otherwise I'm kinda stuck.

Thanks for any help--

Signed,

"Old and Cold in Clinton County" :)