1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Suggestions for replacement Parts

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by camdids, Mar 30, 2012.

1. camdids

camdids Member

Loc:
    Very North and Very East Mass.
    Preparing for the Shutdown and think this year after 4 winters that I would replace a couple of the Gaskets on my Accentra Insert. The Door Gasket has signs of Fraying . Also thought maybe the Hopper Gasket. I have seen Mountain View Products suggested before, but they only have the door Gasket. Anyone used other places(other than the Dealer).
    I wonder if the Hopper Gasket has an alternative. I thought I saw a thread before about that one , but cant seem to find it again.
    Any Thoughts welcome.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

rope gasket is fairly cheap......even most dealers I know dont charge a whole lot...hard to beleive there are big savings, but, hey, who knows?
  3. imacman

imacman Guest

Give Eric at Kinsman Stoves a call....he's a Harman dealer, and also gives discounts to Hearth.com members

330-448-0300
  4. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    Depending on size you can score most rope and flat (window) gasket at a local hardware store.
  5. The Ds

The Ds Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western PA, USA
    Agreed! Give Eric a call..... maybe he can help, maybe not...... Call him and find out :)
  6. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    For gasket and things, I'd be with LW and hit the local dealer. By the time you paid for shipping it kills the savings you might see from an on line shop. I'd only be price chopping for the high dollar items. Even then, You'd be surprised how close some local's really are.