Summers Heat 2,200 SQ Ft

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaineBiker

Oct 19, 2015
Maine
Brand new this past Saturday morning.

Several FS error codes ( Failed to Start ) burn pot filled with pellets
1 instance no pellets in pot, all kinds of white half burned pellets in and around pot. Door window had what looked like almost a coat of black shiney paint ( weird )

Called support "you need to align your igniter" ok... did this last night to the best of my abilities. Stove had shut off in the middle of the night with FS error code

Is it unreasonable to expect the manufacturer to send someone out to come align the igniter? I've wasted at least 3 bags of pellets with this whole ordeal, had a very cold house and kids in the morning. Very frustrating.

I'm new to pellet Stoves but I just bought summers heat 25 ep which is an englander. I'd check the gaskets on the doors, brand new I had an eighth inch gap on the top of the door resulting in poor burn and black glass. Swapped it out with a thicker gasket and the stove is running great. I'd go over everything on the stove I don't think they have any quality control when a stove leaves the factory. Lol I also have a display not working on my control board

Im going to double check tonight. I also notice some severe brown discoloration on a permanent sticker under the window ( ash catch for when you open the door ) that worried me.

Status
Not open for further replies.