Summers Heat 55-shp-10 question on part

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amsmith592

Feb 24, 2009
Ohio
I have a brand new summers heat 55-shp-10 stove still on the pallot. My question is that after inspection there is a question on a part I noticed that might be defective?? Looking at the back of the unit on the bottom there is a visable heat covered ground wire. The protection sheath of nomex or whatever it is ,is freyed like you pulled a thread out of a sweater and it raveled up. Not that big of a deal, just wondered if it was supposed to be totally encased for heat protection, and should the protection sheath go all the way over the wire from end-to end. Just was curious.

ther heat sensor wires are covered loosely with an insulator(looks like a fat shoelace) it may be a little short of reaching the eye bolt screwed into the firewall, it doesnt cause any issues if it is. basically it just protects the casing of the wires from laying against a hot surface and grounding out which would cause the heat sensor to read incorrectly as it is a thermal resistor.

Mike,

Thanks for your help....yea the insulator is wrapped around a single black wire that runs to the firewall and terminated (the longest wire visable that hangs down and rests on the bottom tray of the stand. There is also 2 red wires visable that are not in that fat shoe lace insulator that you talk about, but they dont toach the metal like the black wire...Anyhow thanks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.