Summit blower question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldspark

On the back of the Summit panel where the air goes through from the blower there is a couple of places that allow some air to escape before passing over the top of the stove, the little tabs to block the top holes were the wrong ones for mine but easy enough to fabricate some, there is a couple of large holes on the bottom also that I am not sure if they have tabs for them or not. Do you Summit owners block these off as it seems you would have a lot more air moving accross the top of the stove, the air that escapes now is only mildly heated.

I bent up a custom air widget for the top of mine, it focused the airflow much more nicely. You can always experiment w/ blocking off the openings by applying a little of the shiny hvac tape to any openings before making permanent fixtures.

summit said:
I bent up a custom air widget for the top of mine, it focused the airflow much more nicely. You can always experiment w/ blocking off the openings by applying a little of the shiny hvac tape to any openings before making permanent fixtures.
Good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.