Sump Pump Float Switch Sticks - Sometimes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spur0701

Jun 12, 2008
Southern Maryland
Built this house 10 years ago and never had any sump pump problems till the last few weeks. Sump pump works but the float switch seems to stick sometimes, I can't examine it without cutting the pipe and pulling the whole thing out. Sometimes it works fine, other times it will stick slightly and an small jingle with turn it on....so I installed a water alarm as a stop gap measure. So are these stuck switches a common problem and are they fixable or should I just pop for a whole new pump and not trust the old one?

You got your money's worth out of that old gal, why even take the chance, just replace it. Sometimes the float can be replaced alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.