Sundays Work.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Went back up in the same area that I worked Saturday and finished some good size quaking aspen plus some hard maple, the aspen will be used for 2011-2012 shoulder season.

Both Saturday and Sunday not one deer fly or any skeeters.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1041.jpg
    100_1041.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 290
  • 100_1042.jpg
    100_1042.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 271
  • 100_1043.jpg
    100_1043.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 288
  • 100_1044.jpg
    100_1044.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 281
OK, gotta ask . . . I keep looking at the final pic and have to know . . . why is the wood turned upright . . . were you using the wood as "stepping stones" so you didn't trample the nearby plants? ;)

Bottom left blue beech! SWEEEET

smokinjay said:

Smokin it's quaking aspen and then the only real good hardwood was the sugar maple that was down.

zap

firefighterjake said:
OK, gotta ask . . . I keep looking at the final pic and have to know . . . why is the wood turned upright . . . were you using the wood as "stepping stones" so you didn't trample the nearby plants? ;)

Not sure why I did that Jake, that was the last tree of the day so I was getting tired so I turned one up so the old bones could rest then decided I would turn them all like that. I wish the hard maple was that size!

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

Smokin it's quaking aspen and then the only real good hardwood was the sugar maple that was down.

zap

Wow if you didnt tell me I would have bet on that one!

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

Mostly white pine, quaking aspen with some hard maple and young ash trees in that area.

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

Mostly white pine, quaking aspen with some hard maple and young ash trees in that area.

zap

I have planted better than 50 ash and walnut this year, And doing very well.

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

zap

Smokin do you plant in the spring and fall or just the spring?

zap

Good work Zap.
I like the walk-way of rounds, nice even length.
Can you walk it after a few beers?? :)

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay" date="1279561172 said:

zap

zap

Smokin do you plant in the spring and fall or just the spring?

zap

Both zap I have another 15 in containers that will get planted about the first of sept. and keep them water until very late fall.

Jay, aren't you concerned with the emerald ash borer being in town now?

Backwoods Savage said:
Jay, aren't you concerned with the emerald ash borer being in town now?

No they will not attack the young one's this is why I am doing it....Will start treating them at the 3 year mark...About 20 of them will need treated this spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.