1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Super Cedar Discount / Free Samples

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by NWfuel, Aug 24, 2011.

1. NWfuel

NWfuel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mukilteo,Washington
    To all our Hearth.com friends. A 15% discount is on the way. Will be set up in a couple hours. Use the code (Hearth) in the discount field and click recalculate to receive it. If it does not work be assured we will give you the discounted price anyway. Please be sure to fill in you are a Hearth.com member.

We sent out a 10% discount earlier today to all our Super Cedar customers and I notice some Hearth members taking advantage. We are giving the 15% to those which should keep from starting the WRONG kind of fire.

To all the new members we offer free samples. Email us at info@supercedar.com with your physical address and they are on the way.

Moderators and Administrator's please do what you need to with this, as I have posted here in the past but might be breaking the rules.

Thanks again for all the support.
    Thomas
    n3pro likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Swedishchef

Swedishchef Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Quebec, Canada
    Thanks Thomas.

I received the email and plan on buying a box of 100 and showing them off to all my wood burning friends (90% of them).

Andrew
  3. NWfuel

NWfuel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mukilteo,Washington
    Andrew,

I see you are in Canada. Your best price will come to you if you order the Canadian Special. This will honor the 15% off. These will ship as a 54ct which comes by USPS.
    We have no special on the 100 ct to Canada.
    Thomas
  4. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    Thomas, this post is just fine right where it is. Rick
  5. NWfuel

NWfuel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mukilteo,Washington
    OK, thank you Rick.

Thomas
  6. RIDGERUNNER30

RIDGERUNNER30 Member

Loc:
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I purchased a box last year and i loved them, best thing since sliced bread, going to order another box, thanks for making a good product
  7. Swedishchef

Swedishchef Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Quebec, Canada
    Thomas,

Yup, in Canada. Eastern Quebec as a matter of fact. Wood burning country. I did a quick survey once: 70% of houses have wood burning appliances and 50% of garages do as well. A friend of mine heats his garage with wood and not his house. There's a fire 24 hours a day in the winter: he hates cold tools.

I will be placing an order within the next week. Thanks again!

Andrew
  8. Pagey

Pagey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Middle TN
    Ordered! Great product, Thomas. As always, we appreciate the seasonal discount.
  9. MaintenanceMan

MaintenanceMan Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Southern IN
    Thanks!
  10. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    No rules apply to Thomas.
    :p
    (a good man is hard to find).
  11. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Well I have to admit . . . I did it . . . I honestly have more than enough kindling to last me five years . . . and I plan to continue to stick with my kindling . . . but SuperCedar and Thomas have proven themselves time after time to be just stand up folks who have helped out more than one hearth.com member here . . . I figure I need to support folks and businesses that truly are worth supporting . . . of course I am also cheap so I bought the smaller 30 count and did apply the 15% discount. ;)
  12. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Hey Jake, we still use kindling (I have lots) and probably will continue even though we use the Super Cedars. Together they are unbeatable.

I'd like to publicly thank Thomas for making this offer to hearth.com members. This is very generous and will help both the members and your business. Thanks Thomas and may your business prosper.

(Now if I could just remember who I recommended for the Super Cedars seems like just last week. Oh, to have my memory back...)
  13. mhrischuk

mhrischuk Guest

Just placed my order for 100 greens.
    Thank you Thomas for the discount!

Mike
  14. Milton Findley

Milton Findley Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    Just placed my order as well, and thanks for the discount. With this many positive testimonials, plus the laboratory verification and my own experiences with fatwood, I was an easy sell.
  15. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    You're going to love them. They make firestarting child's play.
  16. fossil

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    ^ +1 I just split my kindling a bit larger than I used to, and use 1/4 Super Cedar to get it all going. Best thing since split wood. Rick
  17. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    As I understand this whole Blaze King thing, with 1/4 Super Cedar in October, a 100 ct box will last 400 years. Maybe a 30 ct for me.
  18. fireview2788

fireview2788 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Ohio
    Drat! I ordered mine too soon, maybe I'll have to order some more and stock up.

fv
  19. Milton Findley

Milton Findley Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    :cheese:

I am sure that you are right. If I had a Blaze King, I would just get a sample pack of three, and cut them into eighths. That amount would see me dead and buried almost certainly. Didn't I just read where one could light a full load of green, wet oak in a Blaze King with one paper match?

Hurry up and get that thing installed Jeff, I am waiting to see if you can improve on the legend.
  20. CodyWayne718

CodyWayne718 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Kentucky
    Email sent. As many cold starts that we have with our tiny stove, I'm pretty pumped to be able to try these!
  21. fossil

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    Yeah, they make it a snap. I routinely have to do a cold start in my little shop stove most every morning, because I don't spend the night out there. Last load for that stove is typically around 5 or 6 PM. Even if I burn longer and bank the coals, it's unusual for me to have anything close to a relight bed of coals left in the morning after 13 or 14 unattended hours. No biggie, Super Cedars make starting up the stove quick and easy. I love 'em. Rick
  22. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    I guess I'll give them a try, just ordered a 30 pack. So do most of you break them in half and just stack a bunch of splits on top and let it rip?
  23. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    I usually just need a quarter cake to start the fire. Create a N/S tunnel of love between a couple small splits and criss-cross a little cabinetry scraps over the gap between the splits. Place the quarter cake at the door side (air supply side), ignite and that is it.
  24. ddddddden

ddddddden Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Va
    I put 1/4 on top with some sticks. If yot want to put it on the bottom, I believe the "tunnel of love" is the preferred configuration, which works best with N/S loading.
  25. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    They are scored to break in half and it is easy with just your hands. I then break those in halfs so the whole circle ends up being 4 pieces. Some put them on top of the wood and some of us still do things the old way and put them under the wood. Actually, I do things a bit different in that I lay a couple splits on the bottom and then a super cedar (lighting it as soon as I lay it in there) with some kindling on top of that. Usually I'll add a couple more small splits on top of the kindling. Then the stove is all set for several hours.