Superior BCD36MH Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I put a Jotul C350 in my Superior prefab. It makes the living room more cozy, but it doesn't throw a ton of heat.

Did you install a block off plate?

The installer did not. I wish they would have. I have tried to stuff some roxul around the liner. It is so tight that I can't do anything without removing the insert.

Ikonw it will be a royal pita, but if this is an exterior chimney I would pull the unit and get a block off plate installed. If there is room I would also add a layer of insulation behind the stove. 1/2" of micore would make a difference.

but if this is an exterior chimney I would pull the unit and get a block off plate installed. If there is room I would also add a layer of insulation behind the stove. 1/2" of micore would make a difference.

I absolutely agree just don't block the air passages in the zc unit when you do it

Status
Not open for further replies.